May 27, 2014
Minutes for Tuesday, May 27, 2014
6:30 PM REGULAR MEETING
Mayor Smith called the regular meeting of the Paris City Council to order at 6:30 PM. Rich Kash said the opening prayer. Present on roll call were Commissioners Boyer, Hughes, Kemper and Mayor Smith. Commissioner Branson was absent.
The Pledge of Allegiance was repeated in unison.
PETITIONS, CORRESPONDENCE, AWARDS
Jack Ballard was present and reported two properties near him that were overgrown and one had furniture and tires in the back yard. He requested that something be done about them. Commissioner Boyer stated he would have the code officer down there first thing tomorrow to check into the matter.
Commissioner Kemper moved for approval of the Consent Agenda. Commissioner Hughes seconded the motion. Included on the consent agenda was the approval of the minutes of the May 12, 2014 regular meeting, bills to be paid $230,386.22, salaries $132,327.89. All answered aye on roll call, no nays.
ORDINANCES AND RESOLUTIONS
1. ORDINANCE NO. 4, SERIES 2014 An Ordinance Amending the Establishment of a Compensation Schedule for the City of Paris, Illinois for all Employees NOT Covered by a Collective Bargaining Agreement---Commissioner Kemper introduced and moved to adopt the ordinance, Commissioner Hughes seconded the motion. All answered aye on roll call, no nays.
2. RESOLUTION Declaring Surplus Property and Authorize Sale (314 Chestnut) Commissioner Kemper introduced and moved to adopt the resolution, Commissioner Hughes seconded the motion. Commissioner Boyer moved to waive the reading, Commissioner Hughes seconded the motion. All answered aye on roll call for both motions. No nays.
1. Motion to approve request for donation for REC Center. ($2,000 last year) Mayor Smith moved to donate $2,000 to the REC Center, Commissioner Hughes seconded the motion. All answered aye on roll call, no nays.
Commissioner Boyer's Report:
Commissioner Branson: (absent, covered by Mayor Smith)
1. Motion to approve repairs to backhoe for the street department at a cost of $3,640.20. Mayor Smith moved to approve the repairs, Commissioner Boyer seconded the motion. All answered aye on roll call, no nays.
Mayor Smith noted Commissioner Branson was absent due to the passing of his brother. Mayor Smith also stated that he's sure that Commissioner Branson would want to remind everyone that Music in the Park starts this Thursday with the 71 Band.
1. Motion to approve proposal from Bastin Logan Water Services for
water well #3 upgrade at the cost of $18,670. Commissioner Kemper moved to approve, Commissioner Boyer seconded the motion. All answered aye on roll call, no nays.
2. Motion to approve invoice from Feutz Contractors for the removal and
replacement of the entrance pipe (culvert pipe) at the new Armory at the cost of $2,900. Commissioner Kemper moved to approve, Commissioner Hughes seconded the motion. All answered aye on roll call, no nays.
Dennis Thiel was absent.
Paul Ruff had nothing to report but thanked the Street
Department for the nice job they did putting in the handrail out front of City Hall.
CITY ATTORNEY'S REPORT
Rich Kash had nothing to report.
Commissioner Hughes inquired about the ramp into Samuel Vance
Park and was told it is in the works.
At 6:42PM Commissioner Kemper moved to adjourn, Commissioner Hughes seconded
the motion. All answered aye on roll call, no nays.
- May 12, 2014
- April 28, 2014
- April 14, 2014
- March 24, 2014
- February 10, 2014
- February 24, 2014
- January 27, 2014
- December 9, 2013
- November 25, 2013
- October 28, 2013
- October 15, 2013
- September 23, 2013
- September 9, 2013
- August 26, 2013
- August 12, 2013
- July 22, 2013
- July 8, 2013
- June 24, 2013
- June 10, 2013
- May 28, 2013