The Board of Fire and Police Commission for the City of Paris is updating its eligibility list for law enforcement officers for the Paris Police Department. Certified law enforcement officers are eligible to receive a $6,500 sign-on bonus. Candidates interested in a law enforcement career should complete an application packet here, or available at City Hall, 206 South Central Avenue, Paris, Illinois. Out-of-state residents are welcome to apply.
This position is accompanied with an attractive benefit package including:
- Term life insurance
- Group health insurance
- Holiday vacation time
- Sick days
- Personal days
- Up to 28 paid days off in first year of employment while working 12-hour shifts.
- Following one year of service, a take home squad car is provided
Distance residency may apply. Successful candidates much be 21 years of age prior to appointment and possess a valid Illinois driver’s license. In addition, successful candidates must pass a physical agility test, a written test, an oral interview, a psychological examination, a background check, and a physical examination.
Deadline for submitting applications is 4:00 p.m. Aug. 18, 2021, in care of Cathy Higgins, City Hall, 206 South Central
Avenue, Paris, IL, 61944.
Testing begins at 9:00 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 22, 2021, at the Fire Training Center located north of Paris on the Cherry Point Road.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Shop With A Cop since 1992
- PERK Mentoring Program
- Bicycle Safety Rodeo
- Cops ‘n Bobbers Fishing Day
- National Read a Book Day
- K-9 Presentations at Schools
- Handcuffs vs Hoses Charity Basketball Games
- Financial Identity Theft/Scam Presentations
- Youth Presentations Throughout the Community
- National Wild Turkey Federation-Jake’s Outing
- Local Business Safety & Security Presentations
- Sponsor of Multiple Youth Events Throughout Edgar County
213 West Washington Steet
Paris, IL 61944
For Emergencies Dial 911