Samuel Vance Park
In 1971, Samuel Vance Park was established at the NW corner of Washington Street and Central Avenue. The park was established to honor Samuel Vance who founded Paris in 1823. The park was given to the people of Paris and Edgar County by Louise Cole Link, a descendent, and Paxson Link. The park is located on the site of the original Paris City Hall.
This beautiful and ornamental park features gas lights, a lion’s head fountain, and a sunken garden. It includes benches and landscaping with a serpentine wall.
The people of Paris and Edgar County deeply appreciate Louise and Paxson Link’s thoughtfulness for this beautiful park in downtown Paris.